Heinz History Center Wedding Info & Pricing
Interested in having your wedding at the Heinz History Center? Lucky for you, we got the scoop!
Located in downtown Pittsburgh, the Senator John Heinz History Center offers a unique and vibrant ceremony and/or reception space. Choose from several astounding yet very different rooms to design your perfect day. The 1st Floor Great Hall is a grand space with high vaulted brick ceilings and a gorgeous two-story grand staircase. Enjoy views of a handful of classic vehicles including a Conestoga wagon, antique fire engine, stainless steel ford, Heinz Hitch, and vintage trolley. If the 1st Floor Great Hall isn’t for you, check out the beautiful Mueller Center located on the 5th floor. This traditional ballroom features a breathtaking wall of windows and beautiful outdoor patio directly overlooking the river. Couples can even choose to utilize both rooms such as the 1st Floor Great Hall for cocktail hour followed by the Mueller Center for dinner/dancing. A unique perk of this venue is guests are welcome to tour the museum free of charge the day of the wedding beginning at 10am! Couples even have the option of a Full Facility Exclusive Use Rental if they would like to reserve the entire museum including all rooms and exhibits for your use only!
- Address: 1212 Smallman St., Pittsburgh
- Contact: 412-454-6435, Maura Minteer, Cara Bull-Trombold & Daniella Greeman
- Web: www.heinzhistorycenter.org
- Capacity: 50-300
- Pricing Minimum: 1st Floor Great Hall/Mueller Center $3,800 not including food/beverage
- Exclusive Caterer: The Common Plea
- Ceremony Onsite Availability: Yes for additional $1,500 including rehearsal day before, hour for the ceremony and on-site coordinator
Meet the Coordinators
Cara Bull-Trombold, Senior Events Coordinator
1212 Smallman St
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Getting to know Cara & Heinz History Center:
- What is your favorite wedding cookie? Any cookie with peanut butter!
- What do you love most about the Heinz History Center? I love that it is a unique and historic venue with a lot of charm from the vintage vehicles in the Great Hall to the city views from the Mueller Center.
- What is one thing more couples should be utilizing at the Heinz History Center? Guests touring the museum and getting in the exhibits to take photos
- Favorite photo opportunity/spot at the Heinz History Center? A couple of my favorite are in front of the ketchup bottle, the silhouette photo in the discovery place colorful light wall and of course, in the Mr. Rogers Collection!
- Describe the Heinz History Center in three words: Unique, historic and iconic
- How can people stay in touch with the Heinz History Center? Follow us on Instagram at @historycenterevents to see photos of previous weddings, corporate and nonprofit events!
Daniella Greeman, Events Coordinator
1212 Smallman St
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Getting to know Daniella & Heinz History Center:
- What is your favorite wedding cookie? Turtles!
- What do you love most about the Heinz History Center? I love the architecture of our building. I’m really proud of the restoration and how much of the original building still stands.
- What is one thing more couples should be utilizing at the Heinz History Center? Touring for their guests before their wedding! I think it’s a fun piece to add to wedding invites (and takes away an added activity that the couple has to plan!)
- Favorite photo opportunity/spot at the Heinz History Center? This changes for me every time we get a new exhibit in our McGuinn Gallery. I’ve seen great photos in our previous #Pixburgh exhibit!
- Describe the Heinz History Center in three words: Beautiful, Eclectic, Charming
- How can people stay in touch with the Heinz History Center?Follow us on Instagram at @historycenterevents to see photos of previous weddings, corporate and nonprofit events!