Where to Begin with Wedding Planning & Finding your Inspiration
Advice for a newly engaged couple:
- DO NOTHING! Engagement is such a special time where you feel so much joy, excitement, and anticipation! So for a little bit, do nothing and just enjoy the engagement!
- Set a budget and guest list. Do this before booking big vendors or even the date/venue!
Choosing a venue:
- What’s your vibe? Do you want a country or city wedding? The good news is Pittsburgh is so versatile for any style of wedding!
Creating a “Pittsburgh” wedding:
- Provide guests with Pittsburgh Must-Dos. There are so many great attractions for out of town guests to explore over the weekend!
- Provide guests with locally made treats. Eat N Park Smiley Cookies, Sarris Candies, Enrico Biscotti, Pittsburgh Popcorn Company, Heinz Ketchup
- Pittsburgh Cookie Table. Always the highlight of any Pittsburgh wedding!
- Pittsburgh Party Crashers. Rock the Pitt Panther, Pittsburgh Parrot, Pittsburgh Peorgies etc!
- Downtown City Photos. It’s not really a Pittsburgh engagement photo unless you have a photo taken on a bridge somewhere! Or other iconic locations like Mount Washington, Strip District, Mexican War Streets etc
Finding your inspiration:
- Infuse your personality into the day. What’s something you love to do together as a couple? Let every single thing have a meaning behind it!
- Use the details of the wedding to tell your story. For example, the bride’s grandmother always grew peonies in her garden so that’s why she put peonies in her bouquet. And the bride use signs the reception or notes in the program to share these special details with guests.
Great resources for brides:
- Burgh Brides!
But realize that social media can set unrealistic expectations! And remember that vendors don’t like to recreate another wedding- make it your own! So don’t let social media be your end all be all goal!
Victoria Deardorff, Burgh Brides
Burgh Brides is the only online publication dedicated to inspiring, showcasing, and celebrating Pittsburgh weddings. Owner and editor Victoria loves to show off the unique nuptials that take place in ‘Burgh, as well as to inspire couples to create their own extraordinary day. She shares steal-worthy ideas, connects couples with awesome vendors, helps soon-to-be newlyweds plan a stress-free wedding, and highlights the love that is all across the 412. Since launching in 2014, Burgh Brides has grown into the most comprehensive, reputable digital wedding planning resource in Pittsburgh.
Email: [email protected]
Hosted and made possible by Michael Will Photographers!
Follow me on Instagram to keep up with the journey :)